Last updated on August 22nd, 2020 at 07:04 pm
- What do boys want from girls?
- What do guys expect from girls?
As you read on, you’ll find answers to these questions and more.
It is natural for girls to ask what boys like in them.
Over time, in different regions, the media has continued to influence how boys perceive beauty.
A lot of other factors also shape what boys like girls too. Girls’ peer groups also have a tremendous impact on the way guys view ladies, especially in the 21st century.
You may tend to think more about outward appearance when you think of things boys like about girls.
And I’m not saying that it’s not important to look your best when you’re with a guy or that guys don’t mind if you smell like shit (except on Star Wars :)).
What I’m saying is, you should not get too worked up about your looks as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
So, what do boys like in girls that might make them interested in you or put in a more personal tone:
What are the things that could endear guys to you?
I assure you that you’ve likely never thought of some of these before but after reading this article, you’ll have no problem knowing what boys want from you.
So if you’re ready, I am!
You Might Like: 777+ Questions to Ask a Guy (Face to Face and Over Text)
What Will I Learn?
- 21 Things Boys Like In Girls But Don’t Want You To Know
- 1) Boys Like Girls that are Attractive and Sexy
- 2) Boys like Girls that are Confident and Ambitious
- 3) Boys Like Girls to be Loyal to them and Nice to Others Closer to them too
- 4) Boys like Girls That are Real With them
- 5) Boys like when you show that you trust them
- 6) Boys like Girls to show that they’re Genuinely Attracted in them
- 7) Boys Want You to Make Them Feel Special
- 8) Boys Like Compliments
- 9) Boys want you to say good things about them to others but be careful doing this
- 10) Boys like you to be Expressive and maybe a bit Flirtatious
- 11) Boys like girls that are Intelligent and Creative
- 12) Boys like when you highlight their strengths and never compare them to other guys
- 13) Guys like when you have a positive vibe
- 14) Boys like when you crave their Presence
- 15) Boys like to talk with you and be just friends
- 16) They like when you appear to grab their attention
- 17) Guys want Girls that make them crazy about her
- 18) Guys expect you to Text them and Text first Sometimes
- 19) They expect you to give them some Space
- 20) Guys expect you to tell them what they want to hear
- 21) Boys secretly want you to buy gifts for them
- In Conclusion…
21 Things Boys Like In Girls But Don’t Want You To Know
1) Boys Like Girls that are Attractive and Sexy
Yes, guys like it when you’re ‘sexy’ and ‘hot’ and they notice things about you like when your attire is skimpy and all.
But ‘sexy’ or beauty is not that simple and it’s a very broad concept.
A quick tip is you shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that being sexy is all there’s to it.
Have you ever wondered why a boy may chase a girl without the features you thought he liked in the first place?
You might think to yourself what is going on in these guys’ minds and what do boys like about girls anyway?
Being ‘sexy’ by itself is complex and it can be in the form of;
1) Preferring girls with certain body shape to another
This is a result of how media portrays a certain body shape as the most attractive.
In recent times, there may be an increased desire for girls to fit into certain body expectations.
The study showed that;
- French men prefer “fashion model shaped” while guys from the USA like curvy and taller girls.”
- The English tend to prefer curvy girls, have sizable breasts, and an average height of about 5 feet 7 inches.
- Asian men like slimmer girls while Africans tend to prefer the so-called figure-8 shape with bigger breasts and hips.
It is observed that the average body shape is more desirable by boys and girls.
If you’re interested in how to keep a great body shape you can check out Bony to Bombshell’s extensive article for more.
And you can also enhance your looks to be more physically attractive.
2) Facial symmetry and Expression
There are interesting academic studies on facial symmetry and attractiveness.
We tend to judge people based on looks and facial beauty. Facial symmetry is a factor that matters that scientists are studying pretty face.
3) An attractive face and cute smile
Putting on subtle facial expressions can make a guy want you and completely seek your attention.
4) Natural beauty with a great fashion sense.
Your fashion-sense can bring you an advantage over other girls. You can also check out Inside Out Style Blog on how what you wear can be very important to boost your attractiveness.
Your outfit can match your body shape type as well.
5) Physical Features
The sound of your voice, how you talk or laugh, and other little physical features may make a guy trip for you as well.
6) Embracing Femininity
Another angle of being sexier and attractive is to embrace your femininity most of the time.
7) Good posture
How you carry yourself will enhance how you look. Your posture enhances your perfect physique, which in turn boosts your physical attraction.
Remember to strike a good pose as it can go a long way when you take your next photo.
All these above plays a part in what boys like about girls but there is more.
2) Boys like Girls that are Confident and Ambitious
How you carry yourself is a determinant of how confident you are.
You build confidence for yourself as well not so that boys will like you.
And even though they like confident girls, it’s not as if they go out looking for the most confident girls.
Boys may end up with a more confident girl without thinking so much about it.
According to Claire Shipman and Katty Kay, Girls’ confidence drops as much as 30% between the ages of 8 and 14.
So parents need to help their girls around K-5 to K-12 ages build confidence.
Resources like Nancy Lemon’s ‘GirlswithConfidence.com‘ can be very helpful.
You have enough chance to boost their confidence with personal improvement programs.
The Confidence Code for girls and most importantly His Secret Obsession can be quite useful in building positive self-esteem and understanding men.
All these can lead to higher self-assurance and success in the future.
3) Boys Like Girls to be Loyal to them and Nice to Others Closer to them too
Be loyal but also be confident while not being arrogant. As you become friends with boys, Confidence Code Girls suggests that you’ll have to be loyal.
But while you’re loyal to friends and families but you should also be “loyal to your values.”
Being rude and disrespectful to other people especially to your boyfriend’s friends is by no way attractive.
When you start dating a guy you may naturally give him attention and as you expect him to be loyal to you, you should be loyal too.
While you’re loyal to him, disrespecting his friends or even strangers will do you no good.
Any bad behavior will make you look less attractive to the boy, so control your reaction to situations.
4) Boys like Girls That are Real With them
Another way of saying boys like girls that are real is to say boys like girls to be natural.
As long as you try to be cool with boys you’ll have a chance to understand them better when you act normal when around them.
Realistically you don’t want to be too girly or boyish to please boys.
Naturally, the level of expression you’d have with someone you just met will be less than friends that you’ve known forever.
So, feel free to be real with a boy if you get each other and you like him. This will also make him trust you and feel more comfortable with you.
Also, you’ll have to concentrate on ensuring cordial and respectable relationships among friends.
Being real with boys will help you to be more comfortable and well equipped to socialize with them too.
Areas you should watch out for when you are among boys is being real in your expressions and gender manners.
When expressing excitement, showing surprise or shock, you have to be girly while having a smart and intelligent balance as well.
5) Boys like when you show that you trust them
It’s not so easy to trust someone but according to psychotherapists and relationship coaches, behaviors that show a lack of trust is bad and should be avoided.
At best, addressing trust issues is the best way to go and I’m not saying that you should trust all the boys in the world.
Trust should and can be earned when a boy stands up for you and you can trust him to show it.
If you show that you trust a boy that treats you as a true friend, he’ll be open with you the more too.
Trust issues crop up when in relationships.
Assuring your male friends that you trust them will help you create an atmosphere of trust such that you can easily address issues of suspicion.
6) Boys like Girls to show that they’re Genuinely Attracted in them
If you present yourself as attractive wisely, you’ll be making the boy proud to have you as his friend and you can make him even more attracted to you.
The idea is that if you show certain behaviors the guy will reciprocate similar emotions.
These days as girls are encouraged to be more assertive, the idea of playing hard to get in dating is not very fashionable.
Ladies are encouraged to find ways of making the boy know they are into them while not falling too cheaply for a guy.
The general expectation would be to allow the boy to chase you as you create that vacuum for him to fill.
Another way of seeing it is to create an idea in his mind and then let him match what you want.
7) Boys Want You to Make Them Feel Special
The golden rule “do to others what you’d like others to do to you” is apt here.
You know some of the things you like and you may have fantasized about how you’d be made to feel special.
If you like him, treat him specially and you will know the secret to his heart. And the good thing is that it will come back to you.
8) Boys Like Compliments
Boys need compliments just as you need validation sometimes.
When you have a closer relationship with a boy especially if he’s your boyfriend, he’ll like it if you reassure him that you like him like no other.
A boy will like compliments that’d make him:
- Feel good and keep you in his mind as well.
- Feel respected: compliments are great means of showing respect to a boy which will make him happy too.
- Feel close and make him wanted.
A combination of compliments and other things that you do will make a boy swoon over you.
9) Boys want you to say good things about them to others but be careful doing this
Boys generally will like it if you become a fan of them and take their sides against other people.
But hey, you should know when you have to restrain your praise for him when you are with possible rivals.
You understand that not all cycles of your peers are the same and it may not be appropriate to talk about a boy among some friends.
Imagine how it might feel when you hear that someone said something nice about you and they like you.
As they say, walls have ears, when you say good things about a boy and he gets to hear it, he’ll like it.
You can take a cue from some of the nice things to say to a boy that will please him.
10) Boys like you to be Expressive and maybe a bit Flirtatious
If you are close to a boy that is your boyfriend, he’ll like you to be flirtatious a bit and if you’re okay with it, you can be a little more romantic than ever.
Your boyfriend expects you to start social attachments of romance and expression of love and not to wait for him to always be the one to start.
Some social connections that you can begin includes;
- Play with him: Know how to have a normal play and when and how to escalate things from normal play.
- Know how to touch him in a non-suggestive and suggestive way.
- Make eye contact: be free to look into a guy’s eyes especially when you’re familiar with them and when talking to them directly. Remember to be natural.
Aside from boyfriends, boys also want girls that tease them and are naturally lovely and romantic.
Not everyone agrees on the fidelity of flirting but a little flirting here and there can make a boy want you more but it is wise not to do it too much.
Be careful to respect boundaries so that you’ll not create a false sense of deeper connections with boys.
11) Boys like girls that are Intelligent and Creative
When you are creative you’ll find ways to increase your likability and friends, including boys, will love to be around you.
A little creativity is what can make you stand out and set you apart from other girls.
Sometimes creativity doesn’t have to be too hard.
Being simple and yet creative with things about your life creates a space for attraction. Studies have found that creativity generally improves attractiveness in humans.
If you’re a creative person you should have a lot of things going on and you’d not have dull moments in your life when you’re creative.
People are attracted to new things as well as not too ordinary things as well.
When you are intelligent and creative with; how you look, how you communicate, and pretty much in everything, boys will like you.
Boys will have an interest in the mystery that creativity adds about you.
Be okay to show that you’re clever but you should not show yourself too much and appear as a ‘know it all’.
Being too showy or too loud can be a big turn off for boys and even your female friends won’t like it.
12) Boys like when you highlight their strengths and never compare them to other guys
In 1954, social psychologist Leon Festinger gave the social comparison theory that there is a tendency for people to compare themselves to others.
The likely position is that people want to be better than others, and at least you want your friends to be better than others too.
It can be tempting to want to talk about how cool other guys are and compare them to your boyfriend but you better not fall into that temptation.
See the good sides of your boy and if you’re brave enough you can support him to improve on some areas of their lives.
When you highlight the strengths of a boy or your boyfriend, it gives you the advantage of having good feelings of unity and mutual care.
But comparing him to others in a way that makes him feel low can reduce his confidence.
13) Guys like when you have a positive vibe
Being positive can help to lift the soul of boys around and more often than not boys need to feel positive.
When you give off positive energies, it is contagious and the same positive vibes will come back to you.
You know the way you tend to associate positive feelings with people that create them?
In the same way, showing more positive feelings around a boy that you like will make him associate feelings of joy and happiness with you.
Just like he’ll like those smiles, positive vibes are contagious and it’s also rewarding.
14) Boys like when you crave their Presence
When you have reached a closer level of friendship with a boy, he’ll love it when you always want to be physically close to him.
It can be a sign that you have him at heart and he’s got you.
Being comfortable talking to boys early on can be an advantage for you in dating.
15) Boys like to talk with you and be just friends
When a boy shows interest in a girl the idea may be that he wants her to be his girlfriend.
It’s good if you have admirers that way but sometimes even if a boy is your boyfriend or not, he may like to talk and even gossip about things that interest you.
A boy may like to be just a regular friend with you and chat with you without asking you to be his girlfriend.
16) They like when you appear to grab their attention
It is a generally accepted fact that people like when they’re given special attention and feel wanted.
You can have an advantage ahead of other girls if you show a boy that you like that you can go the extra mile to get his attention.
Also when you subtly suggest that, you better be with each other instead of you with other girls or other boys.
You’ll have to compete with other things that distract him, like games and sports.
Ways you can make a boy give you more attention might include;
- To create the impression that you are jealous when he’s with other girls.
- Showing genuine interest in what he likes. Know his passion, his vision, and his emotional and physical needs.
- Bring up activities that you can engage in together. If he likes gaming, for example, he’ll be thrilled if you attempt to play with him or if you support him to win his opponent.
17) Guys want Girls that make them crazy about her
While a guy may want you and love to have your attention, you might want to consider not throwing yourself at him too much.
You also want to make him fight for you so that you’ll earn some respect when he does fight for you.
This little trick of making a boy crazy about you can create an intense desire for you in a guy.
The truth is that guys want girls and want to be infatuated with girls even if they may never admit it.
There is a higher chance that he’ll be more committed to a relationship with you if you make him obsessed with you. James Bauer covered this thoroughly is His Secret Obsession book.
18) Guys expect you to Text them and Text first Sometimes
I know that many girls just expect the boys to be the one to text first and there is almost a sort of scoreboard on who texts first.
If he’s the one that always texts you first when you chat, he’s secretly wishing that you text him first sometimes.
A guy will like it if you’re the first to text him and to check up on him.
If you want to learn how to text a guy the right way and make him yours for life, then I highly recommend you check out Amy North’s Text Chemistry.
19) They expect you to give them some Space
People want to be alone at some moment and guys are no different.
I know you may love him so much but give him enough space to rest as he needs to and for his overall well-being.
Do not pester your boyfriend with your obsessions and activities that you’d like him to take part with you.
It’s great to go to movies with a boy you like once in a while and spend some time together doing fun stuff.
Persuading him to always attend events with you even when he’s got other important things to do will be unfair.
It’s good to allow a safe space because it helps for mental health and personal improvement.
20) Guys expect you to tell them what they want to hear
Just because boys are believed to be more visual does not mean they don’t have ears. Men can listen and they also like to hear sweet words from their girls.
The truth is that appealing to what boys want can be more than material and emotional.
You are free to hit hard at boys with straight talks sometimes but be careful not to overdo it.
And it may be unkind to judge boys too hard based on too tough expectations. You’d better stick to things they like to hear.
Basic things like;
- Telling him more things like: “You’re handsome”, “you have the best smiles”. If he’s nice, honest, and has a great sense of humor, tell him all these too.
- Say to him you’ll call later, promise to text him later and maybe tell him you’ll visit to spend time with him.
- Tell him what he does that makes you smile.
- You’ll go to the movies together, watch the same shows and talk about it.
21) Boys secretly want you to buy gifts for them
To show love and care to boys, you should be emotionally available when they’re sad to cheer them up to be happy.
Be there in their celebrations and also be available when it’s not the most convenient or happiest time.
It’s necessary to care about your moral support but don’t forget about gifts.
At some point in your relationship, you’d have to think about gifts that are special to him.
Guys like when you give them gifts even though they won’t tell you they need gifts from you.
Also, consider being friendly with their family members and friends
Buying thoughtful gifts for a boy shows that you care about him. You can ask his friends and family members to help you out in this process.
Also, you can look up possible gifts for boys or ask him what he likes.
Relate well with his friends and family members as well as other friends who can help to connect with him.
You have known some things guys like and now understand how to best deal with your relationship with them.
Remember, while you at it, you should also think of ways to be happier and to take care of yourself.
Self-love is important and it will also help you reflect and show love to others better.