Last updated on October 5th, 2019 at 05:56 pm
Just about everyone at some point desires a “more romantic” relationship.
Doing the simplest of gestures can often result in the most romantic of relationships.
Use the ideas below to stay in, or rekindle your love.
Even if you’re in the beginning of a relationship, it’s never too soon, or too late, to be a romantic!
Are you ready?
If so, let’s get started?
What Will I Learn?
- 1) Sing to your love
- 2) Wash the car together
- 3) Name constellations together while stargazing
- 4) Cuddle on your sofa or bed together and read
- 5) Watch a romantic movie
- 6) Have a tickle fight
- 7) Order take-out and play a game of chess
- 8) Write down, on a piece of paper, five of your dreams and wishes and swap papers.
- 9) Make a “big” deal out of holidays and special occasions.
- 10) Pick a flower for your partner while on a romantic walk
- 11) Cook a four-course meal together
- 12) Imagine life without your partner
- 13) Kiss often
- 14) Give your partner 5 reasons why you love them
- 15) Draw and print out a self-made computer graphic card
- 16) Take a shower together
- 17) Sing children’s songs together
- 18) Watch the sunrise
- 19) Stay up all night
- 21) Share a cup of coffee or hot chocolate
- 22) Tell each other your versions of your “how we met” story often.
- 23) Keep a keepsake book of memorable moments
- 25) Buy a Polaroid camera and use it often!
- 26) Send flowers once a month
- 26) Write love notes and hide them often
- 27) Give your love a quote that symbolizes your relationship
- 28) Remember when you fell in love
- 28) Paint a room together
- 29) Solve a puzzle together
- 30) Start an herb garden together
- 31) Learn about the different types of roses together
- 33) Play Twister
- 34) Buy a complete outfit for each other
- 35) Dress up and spend a night on the town with no plans
- 35) Go on a day cruise together
- 36) Leave a romantic love token for your sweetheart every week
- 37) Share a bottle of champagne for no reason.
- 38) Tell each other funny stories about your lives
- 39) Send an e-card
- 40) Give your love a kitten or puppy
- 41) Spend the day in bed together
- 42) Use love coupons
- 43) Brush each other’s hair
- 44) Give each other a shoulder massage
- 45) Tell each other about your day
1) Sing to your love
Many people do take this for granted or feel that it does nothing to the relationship.
But let me burst your bubble right about now.
Singing calms and uplifts hearts.
2) Wash the car together
This is one of the most romantic things to do with your partner.
It’s going to be really fun.
Many couples do it a lot and you’ll definitely enjoy it!
3) Name constellations together while stargazing
This is really going to be a fun thing to do and the fact is, some of us don’t even know the name of one constellation.
I can only remember the following myself;
- Canes Venatici
4) Cuddle on your sofa or bed together and read
How lovely this is!
Feeling each other’s body while reading is enough to thoroughly understand what you’re reading. LOL!
But it’s true.
And it will also make room for a glowing avid conversation that will forever be cherished.
5) Watch a romantic movie
This is just as wonderful and lovely as it gets!
The movie gets sweeter and enjoyable than ever.
So I want you to get this stuff going tonight even if you’ve done it before.
6) Have a tickle fight
I hate this but many do find it lovely and funny.
You have checked with your partner to see if he/she is up for it.
If it checks out, they have a fantastic time with your partner.
7) Order take-out and play a game of chess
Who doesn’t love the chess game?
Oh, I know someone who doesn’t – My girlfriend.
She hates it!
Don’t know why.
In fact, it is highly recommended for married couples.
8) Write down, on a piece of paper, five of your dreams and wishes and swap papers.
I’ve done this once with my babe and I was shocked at what I saw.
Ain’t going to tell you what it was.
You might even be shocked that what you think is impossible for you is something she is actively pursuing.
9) Make a “big” deal out of holidays and special occasions.
This is a big no, no for some people.
But I looooove it!
This is actually one of the most romantic ideas you should try as soon as possible.
10) Pick a flower for your partner while on a romantic walk
I know you must have done this once, right?
Then, do it again!
Trust me, your partner loves it!
And you should know that by now.
11) Cook a four-course meal together
I know I know, it’s tough.
I’ve done it several times with her and we always, always enjoy it!
You’re going to love it, I promise!
12) Imagine life without your partner
It’s going to be lonely and miserable for me.
But try it out yourself.
If it’s not, then you need to make real changes.
13) Kiss often
And I couldn’t believe more.
Kissing actually does activates the brain’s reward system and releases neurotransmitters like oxytocin.
14) Give your partner 5 reasons why you love them
Truth is, if you can’t come up with 5 reasons why you love your partner, then you shouldn’t be with him or her.
Same goes for your partner too.
15) Draw and print out a self-made computer graphic card
A very lovely thing to do and you can even spice it up by doing this every month.
It’ll go a long way in bringing you guys closer.
16) Take a shower together
Come on, this something you should be doing already.
In fact, married couples should do this a lot.
I’m being nasty, right?
But yea, it’s pleasant to bath together with your partner.
Really, really loving!
17) Sing children’s songs together
Whenever I do this, I almost always reminisce about my childhood.
Same with my girlfriend.
You’ll love it!
18) Watch the sunrise
O, how lovely this is!
To be brutally frank, I haven’t done this before with her.
But trust me, it’s going to be really fun.
And make sure you hold your partner’s hands when on it.
19) Stay up all night
I can’t do this, man.
But if you guys can, then good.
You can set it up as a challenge – LOL!
I was surprised I haven’t done this with my GF.
But I’ll definitely give it a try right after I publish this article.
So this is something very fantastic to do.
22) Tell each other your versions of your “how we met” story often.
How and where did you meet your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife or husband?
Share your story with your partner and make that evening a romantic one.
23) Keep a keepsake book of memorable moments
Many couples hardly do this but I’ve found it to be a very fantastic and exciting thing to do.
25) Buy a Polaroid camera and use it often!
So many couples shy away from this.
It’s a very interesting romantic thing to do.
The instant camera is the bomb right now.
26) Send flowers once a month
Who doesn’t love flowers?
My girlfriend love flowers sooooooo much!
It’s actually a girls’ things, anyway.
But some guys do love it so much too.
26) Write love notes and hide them often
This is one of my favorite romantic things to do. My GF does it almost all the time.
27) Give your love a quote that symbolizes your relationship
There are a plethora of love quotes to give to your loved one. Pick one and get going.
28) Remember when you fell in love
The feeling is simply awesome and almost always brings a smile on my face.
Try that right about now.
28) Paint a room together
You both will love it, trust me!
29) Solve a puzzle together
Truly an exciting thing to do.
It’ll go a long way in bringing the intelligent side of your partner.
30) Start an herb garden together
Another romantic thing to do with your partner.
31) Learn about the different types of roses together
There are over 150 species of roses and it’ll be incredibly fantastic to learn a thing or two of the different types.
33) Play Twister
Twister is simply a fantastic game to play especially with your lover.
I can’t remember the last time I played it.
34) Buy a complete outfit for each other
Who doesn’t love a nice outfit especially when it’s from their partner?
35) Dress up and spend a night on the town with no plans
When last did you spend a night unplanned?
But it was fun.
So try it out this weekend.
35) Go on a day cruise together
Isn’t it fantastic to cruise around town with the love of your life?
Great, isn’t it?
So rock and roll with this as soon as possible.
36) Leave a romantic love token for your sweetheart every week
I do this all the time.
All the time!
Almost every day.
It’s going to be really exciting.
For no reason, I say.
I know you may say it’s going be the dumbest thing ever.
Yea and this is one of those.
So get it rolling.
38) Tell each other funny stories about your lives
So lovely a thing to do.
I’ve actually every bit of it.
It’ll definitely brighten up your mood and get you lit up all the time.
39) Send an e-card
Many couples hardly do this and I’m sure you haven’t thought of this too, or have you?
Truth is, a pleasant, lovely e-card may be all that is needed to cheer your lover up.
So why not give it a try.
40) Give your love a kitten or puppy
I love puppies!
My girlfriend loves them too.
So get up and go get your lover a nice kitten or puppy.
If you’ve already done so, then kudos to you!
But you can also get another for her too.
Don’t you think?
41) Spend the day in bed together
You’ll definitely love this one!
But most guys wouldn’t consent to this idea.
But I tell ya, it’s indeed a romantic one!
Just give it try and you’ll love it.
42) Use love coupons
How many times have you actually done that?
43) Brush each other’s hair
A simple thing to do but very lovely and exciting.
I do this almost every day with my partner.
So if you’re not already doing so, then give it a try and see how lovely it is.
44) Give each other a shoulder massage
O how sweet.
It’s a cloud-nine feeling, I tell you.
45) Tell each other about your day
We live in a very tough world and if care is not taken, we can get carried away by the swarms of distractions we encounter.
Aaaaand that was it!
So go and rekindle the love in your relationship!
And thanks for reading this article in its entirety.