Last updated on September 26th, 2020 at 01:57 pm
These funny icebreaker questions are for getting conversations started.
I have used some of these in every situation and for every kind of person.
Although, not all the questions apply to all people there is certainly something for everyone. You can use them in person, on the phone, in a chat, for fun emails, and survey questions.
Are you ready?
If so, let’s get started…
175 Funny Ice Breaker Questions
1) Hey, what’s your name? (If you don’t already know the person’s name)
2) Where are you from?
3) Have you ever felt lonely even when you’re in a room full of people?
4) What’s the best job you ever had?
5) What do you think makes someone powerful?
6) What’s bothering you at this moment?
7) If you could have a role in any TV show, what would it be?
8) Have you ever performed any shows or acts for an audience?
9) Mexican food or Italian food?
10) What do you want to tell the person you love with such passion?
11) Do you consider yourself an undercover author? Why or why not?
12) What makes you feel like a boss?
13) What’s the purpose of newspapers?
14) What are you in the mood for?
15) Are you afraid to fly in airplanes?
16) How long can you stay underwater?
17) What would be a better gift; a watch or a hoodie/jacket?
18) Have you ever smashed something out of anger?
19) When you meet someone, what’s the first thing you look for?
20) Do you work well under pressure?
21) What’s your favorite cartoon character as a kid?
22) When people say things about you, do you let those comments phase you?
23) If animals could talk, which animal would be the most annoying?
24) You’re stuck between a rock and hard place, what are you going to do?
25) On a scale of 1-10, rate how your day is going?
26) You discover an island and decide to build your society, what is the first rule you’re going
to put in place?
27) How do you stay busy and not bored at home?
28) Why are dumb people growing on cruises?
29) Should people be allowed to own big cats?
30) What’s “home” to you?
31) What’s your favorite pastime?
32) How are you keeping busy?
33) What does freedom mean to you?
34) How important is positivity in life?
35) How would you describe your time in school in 3 words?
36) What do you think people think about you?
37) Do you like Horse Raddish?
38) What’s your favorite joke?
39) What’s on your to-do list today?
40) Thoughts on those who have a crush on you?
41) What are your thoughts on the whole Coronavirus situation and how would you have liked to
saw it handled before it got so out of hand?
42) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
43) What do you do for a living?
44) What’s your favorite color to wear?
45) Are you living your dreams?
46) What’s your favorite drink?
47) What’s your most treasured possession?
48) Do you want to be famous?
49) Which do you think is more important; following the dreams your parents want or following your dreams?
50) If you could start a rumor about yourself, what would it be?
51) How often do you charge your phone?
52) Would you say love is a strategic process, or just luck and timing?
53) Do you think you’re a good person?
54) What are the 5 things you hate in people?
55) If you could have any view from your home, what/where would it be?
56) 50 years from now, what do you think people will say about how we navigated the Covid-19 pandemic?
57) What music do you prefer: Pop, Rap, RnB, or Rock?
58) What can people learn from animals?
59) What’s the last video you’ve watched on YouTube? What is it about?
60) If someone you’re usually mean to tell you they were in love with you which is why they bugged you, how would you feel and what would you say?
61) What’s the last thing you cooked?
62) Do you ever BBQ?
63) How many text messages do you usually get every day?
64) How would your friends describe you?
65) Do you know anyone who hates shopping?
66) What does it mean to be truly independent?
67) Where is the one place in the world you wish you could revisit?
68) What’s your weakness?
69) Do you believe the saying “it’s the thought that counts”?
70) Can you guilt-trip people?
71) Are you an eco-friendly person?
72) So you prefer very spicy or non-spicy food?
73) Do you believe in paranormal?
74) Are passions important in a relationship?
75) In your opinion, why do people love or fall in love?
76) What’s your favorite candy?
77) Has anyone in your life ever betrayed you?
78) What’s your favorite holiday?
79) What’s your favorite restaurant?
80) Do you believe in second chances?
81) What can melt your heart?
82) Do you believe joy or pain can change a person?
83) What do you hate?
84) What’s special about you?
85) Do you change your mind often?
86) What would you like to achieve in your life?
87) What did you have to skip or postpone due to quarantine?
88) What’s your favorite thing to do at the beach?
89) Has anyone said something to you that set you on a path to prove them wrong?
90) Would you rather never be able to express yourself accurately or always have to say the exact truth?
91) If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
92) Favorite place in the world?
93) Tell me something you did in the past that you’re now ashamed of?
94) What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
95) How do your parents react when you get low marks in the test?
96) How long do you sleep?
97) Have you ever had a celebrity/global famous person like or comment something to you on social media?
98) What do you like that’s homemade?
99) What qualities do you value most in your friends?
100) Are girls more dramatic than boys?
101) What distracts you from sad thoughts?
102) Name a TV show everyone loves but you think is lame?
103) Do you speak a second or third language? Which ones?
104) What is a “cure-all” for you?
105) How much do you love Netflix and Popstars?
106) What’s your biggest flaw?
107) What were the 3 pluses of quarantine for you?
108) What do you think of sexual cheating in a romantic relationship?
109) Would you rather live without TV or music?
110) What’s your biggest fear?
111) What movie are you on for the second time?
112) How much could you not leave your house at all?
113) What is something that you like but not a lot of people like?
114) What’s super-noisy to you?
115) What do you need to be happy?
116) What’s your favorite season?
117) What’s the best and the worst thing about being quarantined?
118) What attracts tourists to this city?
119) What type of scent do you like on a man/woman?
120) How many diets have you tried?
121) What’s something you can no longer enjoy due to a bad experience?
122) What do guys usually look like in a girl?
123) What’s your favorite movie?
124) What does your bedroom smell like?
125) What does a typical day look like?
126) What was the last beverage you spill on yourself?
127) What’s the last thing you do before bed?
128) What type of people you really love to talk with?
129) Who are you when no one’s watching?
130) Have you ever had to lose someone close to you?
131) What did you enjoy about school?
132) Name one thing you miss about being a kid?
133) Who was your enemy or the bully when you were young?
134) What was your favorite musical group when you were in Junior High School?
135) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
136) What was your favorite childhood injury?
137) When was the first time that you had a beer?
138) Who was the worst roommate you have ever had?
139) What is your worst dating experience?
140) Which is the funniest prank played on you or played by you?
141) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
142) Do you have any hidden talents?
143) What jobs do your parents do?
144) Name one thing that not many people know about you.
145) Tell me about a funny family story.
146) You wouldn’t be caught dead, where?
147) Was there ever a time when you were frightened for your life?
148) What outdoor activities or hobbies do you like to do?
149) Where is your most favorite place on this earth?
150) Why do you like living in this area?
151) What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
152) What do you consider your greatest achievement?
153) What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
154) Do you have any phobias?
155) Do you feel you have a purpose or calling in life?
156) Name three exotic countries you would like to visit
157) If your house was on fire and you could grab only three things before leaving, what would they be?
158) Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
159) Do you believe in ghosts?
160) What do you value most in life?
161) If you were one of two people left on this earth, and the other was the same sex as you; would you go gay?
162) What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
163) What do you think the secret to a good life is?
164) What would be your dream job?
165) If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
166) If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
167) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
168) What is important to you right now?
169) What is your goal in life? Do you think you will achieve it?
170) If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time, you had left.
171) What crazy activities do you dream of trying someday?
172) If you could go on a road trip with any person (dead or alive), who would you choose and where would you go?
173) What makes life worth living?
174) What can’t be bought with money and why?
175) Are you most interested in what’s in our oceans or what’s in the sky?
There you have it – 175 funny ice breaker questions to ask just about anyone!
Like I said earlier on, you can use these questions anywhere – on the phone, in person, in a chat – just about every and anywhere.
That said, thanks for dropping by.