So, what are the best tinder openers?
Tinder became very well known to students on college campuses around 2012.
Now it’s become the world’s number one app for these same people and others to meet new people.
What Will I Learn?
- Tinder Mistakes to Avoid
- Cute Tinder Openers For Guys and Gals
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
- What is the best first message on tinder?
- How do you flirt on tinder?
- Is it OK to start off with just a ‘hi’ on Tinder?
- What’s a good opening line on a dating site?
- How can I prevent myself from being boring on Tinder?
- Why isn’t anybody showing interest in me on Tinder?
- Looking for a specific person on Tinder?
Want to form a connection with someone – try Tinder!
It’s because it offers such great possibilities; those of forming connections with like-minded people and others that could lead to a brand new relationship.
If you are looking for actual dates or you are just looking to expand your social network, Tinder is the right place for you.
And if you want the great Tinder openers to go about starting a whole new dating scene, we are going to provide you with fabulous ones to get you A-for-Away.
Before we go any further with the Tinder openers, we are just going to quickly show you a few basic steps about Tinder so you can get to the dating scene as soon as possible – Because you might also be a newcomer to Tinder.
Tinder Mistakes to Avoid
Coming up with smooth conversations that are going to break the ice between you and your match is not the easiest thing in the world to do.
It is perhaps even more so on a dating app. But these pick-up lines that we are going to give you are highly effective and do actually work.
Can we just give you some very good tips – some mistakes you should avoid to help you on your way –
1) Avoid sounding desperate at all costs
Never sound too desperate and needy.
You don’t want your match to get the picture that you are just looking for anybody and the first person that comes your way, you are ready to date.
And here too, don’t write huge romantic paragraphs as if you have already fallen for this stranger that you haven’t even really got to know!
Also, if the person on the other end doesn’t reply to your messages immediately, don’t continue chatting to them as if you are determined that they must answer you – also never insult them because they ignored your message.
If you don’t get an answer, just accept it and move on.
Don’t blow your chances away.
2) Don’t be so ordinary or use all the typical dating clichés
Remember there are thousands of other girls and guys who get heaps of messages each day.
Lots of the introductory lines are pretty much the same and then which person should you choose?
That’s why you can’t just be the same old same old type of applicant – you have to come up with something that is out of the ordinary to break the ice – to get noticed!
Sometimes the bland type of openers can look like they are just copy-and-paste type of introducers that you send out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry or Kate, Lucy, and Jane.
Besides your photo, your sense of humor and confidence might get you the outcome you wanted.
3) Don’t be creepy
Maybe you came to Tinder to look for casual sex; even a one-night stand.
Even though you need to be clear about your intentions so you don’t lead people up the garden path, still, if you mention sex right at the beginning, particularly as a conversation starter, you won’t get very far.
When you offer sex or make innuendos to that effect, you just come across as a total pervert, to be avoided; someone so creepy Tinder might deal with you too.
4) Don’t be passive all the time
If you can successfully start a great conversation with your match, you might well have got off to a good start.
But your job is not yet over.
That will just give the impression to the other person you are no longer interested in them, or you are bored.
Do your part and get the conversation moving between both of you and then see where it takes you.
5) Make it personal
If you want to have a great Tinder opening line, you have to make it personal so the guy or girl knows that they are the ones you really like.
Maybe use their photo to help start the conversation.
Then they can see you were interested enough in them enough to start the conversation.
See what their interests are for instance and start from there.
Or if you see their profile pic was taken at a place you’ve also visited you can refer to that.
Don’t ever be offensive in your conversations.
Keep things simple and casual like you are talking to a friend – just be yourself!
6) Be different and challenge them so that you stand out
It doesn’t mean you pretend to be someone you are not; otherwise, you make a fool of yourself.
But you need to show that you are not just like all the other thousands hitting on someone – you deserve a response.
We have provided you below with some excellent Tinder pick-up openers, to provoke your match and make them want to respond – you want to keep your conversations interesting and ongoing.
Now that you know what mistakes to avoid, you will love these good Tinder openings that work!
Cute Tinder Openers For Guys and Gals
1. “Titanic. That’s my icebreaker.”
2. “Oh, I was hoping that you’d swipe right.”
3. “You had me at It’s a Match.”
4. “Ouch! I almost swiped left.”
5. “If we were to go out on a date, where would we go?”
6. “Let’s cut to the chase and just go out on a date?”
7. “This is so us. Me doing all the talking. You sitting there and looking all cute.”
8. “Thanks so much for the match! My parents are super excited to have you over for dinner.”
9. “Where and when?”
10. “Ever since I saw your profile, I can’t think straight.”
11. “So, what is it that you want us to do?”
12. “Do you remember drunkenly walking into my room? – No? When was that? Next weekend?”
13. “Tell me you believe in love at first swipe.”
14. “You have no idea how many times I had to swipe left to find you.”
15. “I need to know more about your flaws before I agree to anything. Lay it all out!”
16. “I think you are really attractive. –Thank you. –So you agree, you think you are really attractive?”
17. “So, we matched. The next step is to start picking the wedding date, right?”
18. “What is an intelligent, attractive, young woman/man like me doing without your number?”
19. “On a scale from one to America, how free are you tonight?”
20. “I would totally let you take me out on a date.”
21. “Hello, I’d like to take a minute of your time to talk to you about myself.”
22. “Is this the best opening line you’ve got on Tinder?”
23. “Hey, what’s up? (- but they don’t respond) Is this our first fight as a Tinder couple?”
24. “Hey, how much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.”
25. “Since you’ve asked, yes, I like you too.”
26. “I advise you to delete Tinder cos you are making all the other girls/guys look bad.”
27. “How does this work? Are we in a serious relationship now?”
28. “You look like a right swipe.”
29. “Do you want me to hit you up with a cheesy pick-up line or can we skip that?
30. “All of my friends would be so jealous if you went out on a date with me.”
31. “We matched so I guess we both have good taste.”
32. “Can you please stop staring at my profile and send me a message already?”
33. “Number. You. Now.”
34. “I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for a hook-up, I can tell you that I don’t do that. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a delight for people like you. If you hate my opening line, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you do, I may ask you out on a date.”
35. “I usually go for 8’s but I guess I’ll make an exception and settle for a 10 this time.”
36. “We’re still on for tonight?”
37. “Sorry, my app keeps on crashing. Do you happen to have WhatsApp?”
38. “We matched, so here I am.”
39. “Since we are a match, does it mean that we are dating now? Wait until I change my Facebook relationship status.”
40. “I thought I’ll regret using Tinder again, and then I saw your profile.”
41. “I see you like superheroes. That’s perfect because Batman is here for you!”
42. “Hey, <insert their name>! Do you know what’s most interesting about your profile?”
43. “So what does a typical weekend look like for you: Netflix binge, working out, or chilling with friends?”
44. “It’s admirable how much you have traveled.”
45. “Wow, I see you’ve [hiked The Long Trail – insert whatever activity]. My buddies and I go there often.”
46. “I notice you are a fun-loving, free-spirited person but you take your time opening up to strangers. At least, that’s the story your pictures convey. Am I right?”
47. “I see you’re Mets [put in whatever] fan. Going to their games with my dad was my favorite childhood
48. “You make the Leaning Tower of Pisa look stunning in the background. Italy has been on my bucket list too.”
49. “Lasagna or spaghetti? Burgers or pizza? Steak or grilled veggies?”
50. “When you say never say never, do you really mean NEVER?” [insert wink]
51. “Oh, that mole on your neck led me to your inbox.”
52. “I see you appreciate a good steak. I know the perfect place for us to get lunch together.”
53. “That silk scarf sits just perfectly on you.”
54. “Do you really hate Mac and Cheese or is that on your profile just for effect?”
55. “If your boss gave you a week off, would you head to the mountains, the beach, or just sleep in?”
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What is the best first message on tinder?
You can try just a simple hello, or write a light-hearted question, a funny pick-up line, or a flirty compliment. It will depend on your personality which will also reflect your tone on the person you match with.
How do you flirt on tinder?
Wit is always exciting and clever. Use the skills you have, asking thoughtful questions because it’s the questions that help you to get to know somebody. Be positive and add a bit of flattery too.
Is it OK to start off with just a ‘hi’ on Tinder?
Saying “Hi,” “hello,” or “hey” is OK – it’s probably the best way to start a conversation on Tinder. But you would need to include a question with it as well so you can get an answer and get chatting.
What’s a good opening line on a dating site?
Perhaps something like, “I'm new to this dating scene, and to be honest, it kind of scares me. I don't normally contact people on this, but I find you very intriguing”.
How can I prevent myself from being boring on Tinder?
Don’t start with a silly Tinder opener and then carry on by sending just as silly questions. Try to show interest in the person rather; making it clear from the beginning whether you are looking for a hookup, a date, or you want something longer-term.
Don’t start talking about yourself only. It’s better to show interest in the other person; then you won’t come across as boring.
Why isn’t anybody showing interest in me on Tinder?
Tinder is a two-way street. It won’t help if you just sign up and hope people come looking for you.
The messaging system is opened up only when both people have confirmed their interest. You won’t know anyone has liked you unless you have ‘liked’ them. Get involved by opening the Tinder app.
Looking for a specific person on Tinder?
Yes, you can look for someone specific on Tinder if you have been matched with that person. It’s easy to search for them.
All you do is type the message bubble icon that appears on the main screen.
Then you press and pull down on the screen until you see a search bar that appears. You type the person’s name in that search bar and that should bring you to them.
You can even search for the person by phone number.
Tinder makes it clear that you can only look for someone if you are matched to that person, but you can look up anyone if you know what their phone number is.
Dating apps and dating websites these days are making it very easy to go out and meet someone new, even more so since the global Covid-19 pandemic.
Studies show that around one-third of marriages happen from meeting online.
There is no question that dating apps are changing people.
So getting that first message on Tinder is always the one that is most interesting; maybe even amusing and intriguing.
The best Tinder conversation openers, you will learn, are never personal attacks or offensive – you won’t find anybody then.
You aren’t here for that type of thing hopefully but are on Tinder to mingle with everyone and not to put anyone down.
If you do find what you think could be a perfect match on Tinder, then get going and break the ice.
And you will know how frustrating it can be to try and match up with potential people without any success.
Sometimes the world of online dating can be pretty ruthless.
With so many others on the site, it is really going to be up to you to make your conversations flirty and fun, a cut above the rest, to make that first impression.
That will mean finding the best first messages on Tinder – we have given you at least 51 exciting faves to get started.
Your opening message will need to be effective enough to get your match excited to get to know you and increase your chances of striking a hit.
Your ultimate objective is to grab the attention of the person you really feel you could connect with, and get them to respond back to you.
But most of all you want it to end up with a physical face-to-face date.
You can opt to start face-to-face chatting on Tinder too!
The openers will surely bring you a response, and then it will be up to you to keep the conversations interesting enough after that – you better start thinking of your answers now!
And good luck!
Also Read: 151 Random Funny Questions to Ask a Guy